Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Cookies

Today, I had the most fun since coming to Japan. 4 women from church and/or English class came over to make cookies for the Easter Potluck. I thought making cookies would be the perfect excuse to have these ladies (not all of whom knew each other) over to hang out grow in friendship. So, I broke out all of my cookie cutters (minus the snowflakes and candy-cane shapes) & 9 bottles of sprinkles, threw a plastic sheet on top of my table, kicked Stephen out for a few hours, and let the ladies have at it.


While we backed and decorated we chatted about anything and everything. In English, Japanese, and even a little Korean too.
We were even able to tell my new friend and Japanese teacher, M, a little about Easter.

Did the ladies have fun?

I'll let you be the judge.

Here're the finished products.


The sprinkles from America were definitely a big hit. Can you tell?



While we waited for the icing to dry, we drank coffee, looked at albums, and played Mario Kart on the Wii.

I can't wait to find another reason to have these ladies over again!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...