Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Only in Japan: 10 Months Pregnant



Did you know Japanese women are pregnant for 10 months?

But, it's probably not how your thinking. Every woman is the world, Japan included, is pregnant for about 40 weeks. The difference is how the western world and Japan count those months.

In the States, pregnancy is counted by calendar months. Every month, is between 4 and 5 weeks long (with the exception of February, which just likes to be different).

In Japan, pregnancy is broken up into 10 4-week "months."


It took me some time to wrap my head around it, so I made this handy chart.

Both systems have their up-sides: counting with calendar months makes estimating a due date much easier. Also, trimesters are broken up more easily into 3 3-month periods.
With the Japanese way, I always know what months I'm in with out having to consult "What to Expect When You're Expecting."

I am 4 months pregnant in the US and 5 months pregnant in Japan.

Luckily for us, both countries also count pregnancies by weeks. To make things easier, I tend to default to weeks when ever someone asks how far along I am.

14 comments:

  1. yeah that's what i always did too! believe it or not, this time will fly by!! that baby will be out and here before you know it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have Questions on Pregnancy Calculator and How many weeks pregnant Am I? this is the general question every pregnant questions her self.
    how many weeks pregnant am i

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...!!Thank you so much. I really needed to know how to plan baby boy method. Now I can apply these methods and can conceive easily. And I have heard that this is really effective too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (he was supposed to be "normal size" so I wasn't induced or even checked earlier) and even on the day of labour every one assumed he would be a normal size for his weeks.learn more

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Fantastic work!
    صحة المرأة الحامل

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a nice pregnancy story. I like to know more about how natural fertility clinic is helpful to become pregnant naturally?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  11. I really appreciate the way you briefed about the topic of ovulation calculator.I think that you have cleared most of the misconception which the people are caring in their minds.. Get to Know More about information.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very informative article. Every fertility treatment have different methods,Gynecologist In Adambakkam will give you the best treatment, they are focused in your health and comfort. Beware of choosing the hospital and doctor who is about to treat you during the entire period of pregnancy. CM hospital offers you the Best Gynecologist in Chennai for Normal Delivery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...