Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Divine Appointments

In honor of our highschool girls' first week as Freshman, I invited them to Starbucks.

I got there early; bunkered down with my bible, note book and pen; and got a cup of coffee. After waiting about thirty minutes I realized I forgot to remind them about our meeting.

Since I was all the way across town, and I had a iced grande vanilla late in my hands, I decided to hang out and read.

While I was sitting, a woman sat down next to me and we began to chat. It turned out she was a missionary working with Wycliff Bible Translators. It was about then that the man accross from us entered the conversation. Turns out he works for a Missions organization serving in Romania. The three of us had a nice chat about raising support, our ministries (or in my case, perspective ministry), and how we got involved.

It was such a blessing to be at this divine appointment. I love when God puts me where He wants me, then works. Even somthing so simple as having a drink at Starbucks can turn into a conversation about Him.



I left thinking about my future in ministry. I wonder who God will have me meet when I intended to do something else.

~Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...