Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Joys of Hospitality

Our world has been turned upside down this week as a friend from Japan has been staying in our spare room. I first met E. when she came to my college for a month to study English, a few months later, during my trip to Japan, her family hosted a bbq party for my traveling group. So, when I heard that she would be in Fresno for a week I offered up our pull out sofa in our spare room. 

Stephen has been enjoying our guest more than he thought he would. He is taking advantage of the situation to show off the 20 words he now knows in Japanese, and even learn a few more. It has been a fun week for me too, especially since she cooked us Okinomiyaki (one of my favorite foods) and chicken teriyaki on Tuesday. 

This weekend we are driving her back to San Francisco so she can catch her plane on Sunday.  
We are defiantly going to miss having her around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...