Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

giving up mascara

I think I need to give up mascara, at least for this next week. When I cry, I become a mascara panda: big circles of black surrounding my eyes.

This is a week of goodbyes.

Truthfully, they started 2 weeks ago with my cat and my best friend.
Followed by my two good friends from college.

But, this week (and a half) is the big one.

Tonight is my dad, granny and grandpa.
Tomorrow night is Stephen's dad.
Saturday is our dog and our house.
Sunday is two sets of our Bible study friends.
And so it goes, until Saturday morning when we will say good bye to our moms. (Who should probably give up mascara too. At least for that day)

All of this sadness is tempered with joy. Some one asked me the other day how I was feeling about moving to Japan so soon. I said I feel like I am swinging wildly between total excitement and utter depression. I think that sums it up nicely. It is a joy to get to serve the Lord in Japan. I am thrilled to meet our pastor. I light up just thinking about having the college students over to our house and making it a place of rest for them.
On the other hand, I am really going to miss my family and friends and church and house and pets and mexican food and HS Group and... and... and...


But God promises:
everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name’s sake, will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life. (Mt 19:29)

Please pray for us as we are saying our goodbyes here and our hellos in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...